[ Masterweb Reports ] - The President of United States, Donald Trump at 9:45 am in Washington, D.C., US (2:45 pm in London) called President Muhammdu Buhari of Nigeria to wish him Happy Africa Day.
U.S. President Donald Trump telephoned President Jacob Zuma on Monday evening, said the South African Presidency.
After his call with Buhari, President Trump also requested and completed a phone call with South Africa's Zuma.
While it's not exactly out of the ordinary for a president to call another, this little news bite hasn't gone unnoticed by South Africans.
The statement added that there are now 600 US companies operating in South Africa, which enjoys strong trade relations with the United States.
The Presidency says President Jacob Zuma and his USA counterpart Donald Trump have reaffirmed their commitment to strengthening the already strong bilateral relations between the two countries.
A journalist with The Globe and Mail, Geoffery York, referred to the sessions as Trump's "Africa Day". This will be the the first conversation between the two presidents since Trump was inaugurated in January. Nigerian time (about 2.45 p.m. SA time).
For the two African states, the call could signify Trump's support for the two African large economies. Both were also on very good terms with the erstwhile administration of Barack Obama. The information relayed by Congo's government spokesperson was disputed by the Trump team later. He said at the time that the meeting between the two leaders was to centre around Libya's security situation and other African issues but failed to disclose any further details.
- U.S. judge declines to grant tribes' request to halt construction of DAPL
- Victor Cruz released by New York Giants
- Old drug gets an absurd price hike to $89000 per year
- Pakistan wants nothing to do with Valentine's Day
- Warren Buffett takes a big bite of Apple
- Protesters block Betsy DeVos entering school
- Border Wall Cost Estimate Soars in Leaked Report
- Food Recall: Sargento Cheese Sold at Meijer Faces Possible Contamination
- CONFIRMED lineups: Real Madrid vs Napoli, 2017 Champions League
- Phoenix mom deported after routine immigration check