The globally-recognised Prius is powered by Toyota's Hybrid Synergy Drive and now boasts of a sharper front fascia, new wheels and a completely revamped rear.
The original Toyota Prius launched in 1997 as the world's first mass-produced hybrid auto.
Toyota estimated that its hybrid vehicles have resulted in at least 77-million fewer tonnes of carbon dioxide emissions.
Known as the "father of the Prius" for his role in popularizing the world's best-selling hybrid auto, Takeshi Uchiyamada said he expected to sell 1 million plug-in hybrids in less than 10 years, the time it took for sales of its conventional hybrid vehicles to hit that mark.
A congratulations is in order to Toyota Motor Corporation for not only reducing harmful vehicular emissions and their negative effects but for a major milestone in achieving cumulative global hybrid vchicles sales of more than 10 million units.
Hybrid Pioneer: The new Prius combines an all new Sporty design with enjoyable driving dynamics that defy conventional notions of an Eco auto. The company also noted that light of this milestone, consumers have saved an estimated29-million kilolitres of gasoline.
In the spring, Toyota will introduce a hybrid model to its Lexus luxury brand.
Originally unveiled in Detroit last month, these impressive sedans benefit from the new high-strength Toyota New Global Architecture (TNGA) and feature bold new looks and advanced safety systems. "Today, thanks to those early adopters who gave Prius a chance, hybrids have grown in popularity, and have ridden a wave of success out of the unknown and into the mainstream", said the chairman of the board of directors at Toyota, Takeshi Uchiyamada in a press release.
Toyota positions PHVs as the core vehicle segment in the company's Toyota Environmental Challenge 2050―where the goal is to achieve a society in which cars, people and the environment co-exist harmoniously - and plans to continue strengthening this product line.
- Governor Lowers Eligibility Age to Donate Organs in NY
- DACA Recipient Detained in Tacoma ICE Facility
- Pakistan wants nothing to do with Valentine's Day
- Kim Jong Un's half-brother assassinated in Malaysia
- Trump adviser Michael Flynn discussed hacking sanctions with Russian Federation
- Georges St-Pierre Reportedly On Verge Of Making Long-Awaited UFC Return
- Toshiba Is $6.3 Billion in the Hole After Some Terrible Business Decisions
- Aussie Banks Hit Back at Apple Over Mobile Payment Dispute
- U.S. judge declines to grant tribes' request to halt construction of DAPL
- Aetna CEO says Obamacare is in a 'death spiral'