After being away from the Octagon for more than two years, former UFC welterweight champion Georges "Rush" St-Pierre is on the verge of returning to the promotion, a source close to the situation told Yahoo Sports on Wednesday. It certainly seems that way based on recent information. His only losses came to Matt Hughes at UFC 50 in October 2004 and Matt Serra at UFC 69 in April 2007, and he ultimately defeated both fighters in subsequent bouts, including Hughes twice. Jon Jones is now suspended until July 6th this year, while Conor McGregor's break from fighting, coupled with a desire to take on boxer Floyd Mayweather, could see him miss the entirety of 2017.
It has been rumored that he would like to fight current middleweight champion Michael Bisping while the Canadian-born fighter has also been linked to lightweight champion Conor McGregor along the way. Neither the UFC or St-Pierre has made an official announcement, but a year ago the Canadian star announced his intention to fight again.
"I would like to fight again". Woodley has expressed a great deal of interest in possibly fighting St-Pierre upon his return and the Canadian shares the same sentiments as well.
St-Pierre, a native of Quebec, will turn 36 in May.
Either way, the two sides are still very interested in this matchup taking place because most believe a fight between McGregor and Mayweather would generate massive sales on pay-per-view and ticket sales.
It's pretty possible that Diaz has spent his time off refining his game and if you know anything about himself and his brother, you'll know that they live and breathe fighting.
GSP and the UFC have had some differences regarding doping issues. We also know that he's now pushing for a potentially earth-shattering matchup with boxing superstar Floyd Mayweather and is yet to defend his belt.
The new deal will put an end to a three-year saga between the UFC and St-Pierre that dates back to UFC 167 in November 2013. He surely still has some good fighting years left in him.
- 'Prison Bae' makes his fashion week debut
- Aussie Banks Hit Back at Apple Over Mobile Payment Dispute
- Old drug gets an absurd price hike to $89000 per year
- Border Agents Find Catapult Used To Launch Drugs Over Southern Border
- Victor Cruz released by New York Giants
- Phoenix mom deported after routine immigration check
- Toshiba Is $6.3 Billion in the Hole After Some Terrible Business Decisions
- Trump adviser Michael Flynn discussed hacking sanctions with Russian Federation
- Food Recall: Sargento Cheese Sold at Meijer Faces Possible Contamination
- Kim Jong-un's Brother Killed With Poison Spray at Airport