I have proposed a bill, SB 750, An Act Concerning Organ Donation, that would change our state's policy on organ donation so that all citizens can become donors upon their death unless they join an official registry to "opt-out".
Commissioner of Health for New York State, Dr. Howard A. Zucker, said, "The best gift a New Yorker can give is the gift of life".
This legislation will allow new drivers to enroll in the New York State Donate Life Registry when they first apply for a driver's license, learner permit or non-driver ID.
National Donor Day was started back in 1998 and focused on five points of life including: organs, tissues, marrow, platelets, and blood.
In August, Cuomo signed a law to allow 16 and 17-year-olds to register their consent to donate.
Here in Colorado, there are 2,500 people waiting to get a life-saving transplant. This new law should result in a greater number of applicants taking the time to consider the opportunity to save a life through organ donation. The school's Donate Life Club will be promoting the new law by hosting a registry and education event for students and faculty during lunch periods.
More than 54% of adults in the state are registered organ donors.
- Kim Jong-un's Brother Killed With Poison Spray at Airport
- 400 whales stranded on New Zealand beach
- Manulife Financial Corp (MFC) Shares Sold by Zurcher Kantonalbank Zurich Cantonalbank
- New Trump Orders Float 'Defining New Crimes' Against Law Enforcement
- Trump adviser Michael Flynn discussed hacking sanctions with Russian Federation
- Victor Cruz released by New York Giants
- U.S. sanctions Venezuelan vice president on drug trafficking
- Protesters block Betsy DeVos entering school
- Phoenix mom deported after routine immigration check
- Old drug gets an absurd price hike to $89000 per year