Although Brady and the Patriots had a hard time in the first half, New England certainly turned it around late in the game as Super Bowl LI served as the first ever Super Bowl to head to overtime.
Brady can find nitpicks about any of his performances, though, so you'd be hard-pressed to get him to admit any of his games are among his best ever. Brady was able to out play young gun Matt Ryan by amassing 466 yards on an astounding 62 attempts and scoring2 touchdowns. Here is one last look back at the best game of the 2016-17 National Football League season, Super Bowl 51. Well, apparently the Patriots used up their final play on the very last play of the game. Fast forward to Super Bowl LI, he was everywhere in the 4th quarter and Overtime, he could not be stopped.
"He snapped it over, it was kind of at my head, so James couldn't get his hand up there to get it", Brady said. Starting off with adversity, overcoming it by sticking together and to the plan, and Tom Brady flips the on switch and the Patriots are once again world champions.
Despite all the hits Brady took in the game, he wasn't sore the week after.
"I don't really think that is necessarily the case", he said when King suggested it had to be one of the great games of his life. He spearheaded a comeback from 28-3 down in the second half, winning a record fourth Super Bowl MVP in the process.
This historic moment reaffirmed that the New England Patriots under coach Bill Belichick never give up and play as a team at all times with only one goal in mind: victory.
And Brady said that with 9:48 left and the scoreboard at 28-9, he was confident. Unless you actually take your jersey off and your trousers and stuff, and you put them in a bag that is secure, you don't know.
"I have zero pain", Brady told Sports Illustrated's Peter King.
Next, a quick dump to White, which went in the books as a rushing play because Brady had to throw the ball back two yards to get it to the running back.
More than a decade later, back in the Super Bowl years after many people declared his career to be sharply declining, with his team trailing by 10 points against a historically dominant defense in the Seattle Seahawks: 13-for-15, 124 yards, two touchdowns.
Apart from the obvious choice of James White's touchdown, arguably the key play in overtime was Brady's throw to Chris Hogan on the third play of overtime.
- Aussie Banks Hit Back at Apple Over Mobile Payment Dispute
- 59th Annual GRAMMY Awards Live On CBS This Sunday
- BC Edges North Carolina, Notches Second ACC Win
- Bill authorising European Union withdrawal passes Commons
- Dont'a Hightower won't visit White House because he's 'been there, done that'
- Protesters block Betsy DeVos entering school
- Shares fall in Thomas Cook as results disappoint
- Hot Wheels DLC Cars Come to Rocket League on February 21
- Oil Declines on Speculation US Supply Gains Will Counter OPEC
- Supreme Court Nominee Neil Gorsuch Calls Trump's Comments about the Judiciary 'Demoralizing'