Two landslides took place in Awan and Sukawana villages in Bangli district, Xinhua news agency quoted the national disaster agency as saying.
Two others have been seriously injured in the incident at Songan village on the north east of the island.
Two of the seven victims were children: a seven-year-old girl and one-year-old boy, whose mother also didn't survive, according to reports.
Red Cross aid workers and the military personnel are engaged in rescue operations, the National Disaster Agency officials told Jakarta Globe.
In December, 29 people died and 19 other were missing when floods and landslides struck Garut, a western region of Indonesia's main island of Java.
Many in the area are not surprised about life threatening landslides because "when rain falls constantly it causes a landslide", business owner Gde Mangun said Friday.
Heavy downpours were blamed for the disaster in Bulurejo village of Karanganyar district, Risky A, senior official at the provincial disaster management agency said.
The agency said at least 1,985 disasters occurred during 2016, killing a total of 375 people - the worst death toll for 10 years.
Bali is a popular tourist spot, and is home to more than 4 million people.
- At least six tornadoes slam Louisiana, three touchdown New Orleans
- Amazon Fire TV chief jumps ship to Apple TV
- Packers release concussion-plagued No. 1 CB Sam Shields
- Intel CEO Pledges to Invest $7B in Arizona Factory, Create 3000 Jobs
- Shares fall in Thomas Cook as results disappoint
- Brooklyn man arrested in death of Queens jogger
- Rio Tinto rides commodities recovery to deliver 12% earnings climb
- Afghan civilian casualties hit all-time high, says UN
- Girl Scouts, United Dairymen of Idaho team up
- Hot Wheels DLC Cars Come to Rocket League on February 21